Saturday, February 14, 2009

Old Home(sick) Week

As much fun as I'm having, I've been really homesick this week. I guess it's about time, seeing as how I've been in Santo Domingo for about 6 weeks now. When I go out and hear salsa, I miss my dad. After getting a present from Julia and a birthday card from Natalie, I really realized that I have such great friends that are in this fabulous city. Without me. And of course, I miss The Boy, what with it being Valentine's Day (or Week, the way people are here). My host sister's boyfriend came and decked out her room with paper heart cutouts and balloons and flowers and heart-shaped candles and a sign that said, 'Te amo, bebe'. Oy.

So, just know that I'm thinking about all of you up there, freezing to death and doing comfortingly normal things, like buying kosher pigs in a blanket from Westside Market at 4 A.M. Miss you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
span.fullpost {display:inline;}